So, here's my pledge-
- To use the Stash I already have!
- Finish UFOs without distraction by shifting to other new beautiful fabric.
- Stop the insanity of constantly buying the latest and greatest fabric.
- Save the $$ I spend on stashing. For me, this is going to mean I start saving for something. Maybe a holiday from all this guilt. That dream simply isn't going to happen while I spend every little extra bit of my husband's pay on fabric.
- Destash the fabrics that I realize I am never going to use.
FABRIC FAST RULES:
1) No fabric purchases for 6 months beginning .
2) At 6 months reevaluate status and decide whether to keep going for full year. Evaluation .
3) Create a UFO list and complete them!
- Backing: purchasing a backing to finish a quilt top is permissible. However, attempting to use fabric in your possession for a backing is preferable.
- Books and Magazine purchases are allowed as they are not fabric. Notions acceptable too.
- Swap Mama Fabric: if hosting a swap you are permitted to by fabric to execute swap duties, but you may not join a swap simply for the sake of being able to buy fabric!
- Quilts for Publication: if you are making a quilt for a publication and need certain fabric to execute it correctly then that is a major exception - who can blame you?
I felt rather smug as I was reading this pledge - I didn't have any UFOs so it wasn't like I never finished anything, I just had rather ambitious ideas on how many quilts I could actually make, right? Then I spied this little basket.
Three basted quilts ready to finish, as well as twelve blocks from Fat Quarter Stars QAL just doing nothing. Hmm, p'haps I do have a problem with finishing. 'course if I looked at my cross stitch UFOs, I'd know that I have a problem finishing things.
And maybe I have a problem with actually starting anything cos I have at least 6 patterns already kitted up and ready to start. So maybe my un-started projects are really my UFOs...